Finding Articles @ MSU
Articles are typically found in journals, magazines and newspapers. The articles found in journals are primarily published for an academic or scholarly audience and are usually peer-reviewed, while newspaper and magazine articles are more often written for the general public. Article databases will help you identify journal, magazine and newspaper articles on your topic. Colorado State University Library has developed online guides to assist you in evaluating journal articles as well as in understanding the difference between trade, scholarly and popular periodicals. A list of some of the databases useful for organizational behavior research at the MSU Libraries follows.
These organizations conduct research in areas of concern to those working in labor relations, human resources and general management. They often include results from surveys of countries and/or organizations and can be good sources of data for identifying best practices and benchmarking purposes.
Finding Books @ MSU - MSU Library Catalog
The MSU Libraries' online catalog is a searchable listing of items owned by the MSU Libraries.
SUBJECT HEADINGS to consider include:
- Human capital
- Industrial Relations
- Management - Psychological aspects
- Management - Science
- Organizational effectiveness
- Personnel management
- Strategic planning
- Work - Psychological aspects
- Fundamentals of HRM / Edited by Neil Anderson (4 volume set)
Location: MSU Business Library - Labor Collection HF5549 .F855 2007
- A Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice / Michael Armstrong
Location: MSU Main Library HF 5549.17 .A76 2006
- The Human Resources Glossary, Third Edition / William R. Tracey
Location: MSU Business Library - Labor Collection HF 5549 .A23 T73 2004
- The Oxford Handbook of Human Resource Management / Edited by Peter Boxall, John Purcell and Patrick Wright Location: MSU Business Library - Labor Collection HF 5549.17 .O94 2007