The Gast Business Library has resources for people doing research in the business field. We also have librarians available to answer questions about the library or your research.
Our Location and Hours
- Basement of the Law College Building
- When you go in the front door of the Law College Building, turn right and go down the stairs.
- Hours: http://www.lib.msu.edu/general/library-hours-cal/business-library/
Fast Facts About Us
- Find out basic information about the Business Library here: http://www.lib.msu.edu/branches/bus/facts.jsp.
- Books - Find using our catalog. See the tab above for more information.
- Databases - Find articles, reports, company financials, analyst reports, market and industry data, and more. See the tab above for more information on finding articles. You can find all of our business databases here: http://libguides.lib.msu.edu/busdatabases. There are many other databases that cover all subject areas. You can find them here: http://er.lib.msu.edu/. Please note that our databases are for academic use only and some have special limitations. See the description of the database for any special information: http://libguides.lib.msu.edu/busdatabases.
- Research Guides - Don't know where to start? Our Research Guides will tell you what resources to try based on your business subject area. Other subject areas will have their own guides here: http://er.lib.msu.edu/guides.cfm.
- Print & Copying - E-token Only for printing. We also have a copier and scanner. See here for more information: http://www.lib.msu.edu/branches/bus/copyingandprinting.jsp.
- Group Study Rooms - We have 7 group study rooms and the Collaborative Technology Lab (Room 13). More information here: http://www.lib.msu.edu/branches/bus/rooms.jsp.
- Computers and Internet - We have 112 computers available. Most are full application computers which means you log into them with your netid and password and can access the full internet. We also have selected resources computers which means you do not log in but you only can access MSU resources. Find out more information about our selected resources computers here: http://libguides.lib.msu.edu/busselectedpcs. Find software available on the full application computers here: http://tech.msu.edu/computerlabs/software.php. We also have wireless available throughout the library. There is MSU and guest access.
- Reserves - Your instructor may put material on reserve. You can find them at the Circulation Desk. You need your ID and you may only check one item out at a time for a 2 hour time limit.
- InterLibrary Loan (ILL) - If MSU doesn't own the material you need, we may be able to get it for you from another library for free. See here for more information: http://libguides.lib.msu.edu/interlibraryservices.
- Quiet Area - Available in the back of the library near the windows.
- Free Classes - We offer several free classes on various topics including Zotero, EndNote, and job searching. See here for available classes: http://classes.lib.msu.edu/.
- ANGEL and Library Tech Support - 24/7 support for ANGEL, accessing library databases, and more. More information: http://www.lib.msu.edu/computer/24-7.jsp.
- Librarians - Librarians can help you find resources for your research needs. You may email us at email@example.com, call us at 517-355-3380 or contact us directly: http://www.lib.msu.edu/branches/bus/stafflist.jsp.