Public computers available in the Main Library and Business Library
Copy Center Printing from Main Library computers:
=========== Note: Campus printing changes beginning June 1, 2015 ==========
USING WEBPRINT with MSU Print
Log on to: print.msu.edu.
1. Click the “Web Print” menu item.
2. Click “Submit Job” on the right side.
3. Click the radio button to the left of the printer you would like use.
*The “Location/Department” column provides a description of the printers and single sided printing options.
4. Click the “PRINT OPTIONS and Account Selection” button.
*You may need to scroll to the bottom of the page to see this button.
5. Enter the number of copies you wish to print in the “Copies” field
6. Click the “Upload Documents” button
7. Select your documents by dragging your file to the “Drag files here” area or browse for a document on your computer using the “Upload from computer” button
Application File Extension
Microsoft Excel xlam, xls, slsb, slsm, slsx, sltx
Microsoft Power Point pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx
Microsoft Word doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx, rtf
* Please note that MSU Print on allows the following file types:
*If your document is in a different format, please save it as a PDF before uploading to MSU Print. For instructions on saving as a PDF please see https://itservicedesk.msu.edu/CAisd/pdmweb.exe
8. Click the “Upload & complete” button
9. Your print job now renders. This may take a few moments. Once this step is completed you will see the Status of your document change to “Held in a queue”.
RELEASING YOUR PRINTS
Once your print is uploaded and queued, and you are ready to print the document, you need to release the print job to the printer. To release your print follow the steps below.
1. Click the“Jobs Pending Release” menu item
2. Click “Print” under the Action heading of your queued document
*Note – If you wish not to print the item, click “Cancel” instead
3. Your document is now sent to the printer
CONVERTING webpages to PDF
Using Internet Explorer:
Note: Due to construction, the MSU Copy Center may not have converted to the WebPrint System.
Wireless access is available for Windows and Macs everywhere in the Main Library and the Business Library. Choose “MSU Wireless 3.0” and log-in with your MSU NetID and password. (If you connect to MSU Guest Wireless 3.0, the connection will be less robust than if you connect to “MSU Wireless 3.0.”) Wireless is available in almost all campus buildings. Outdoor wireless locations are south of Administration Building on both banks of the Red Cedar River, the courtyard between Case-Wilson-Wonders, the fountain area behind Student Services and north of the International Center.
You may print wirelessly to the Copy Center after downloading the appropriate printer driver.
You are welcome to use print materials in the following MSU Libraries : Main**, Business, Engineering, and Math -- but you will not be able to check them out. NOTE: The Law Library is not available to SDI because many people are studying for the bar exam.
Photocopying in the Main Library -- Self-serve photocopies in the Copy Center (2-West) are 8c each, payable with cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover). * * Bargain Thursday Special! Main Library photocopies are only 4c per page. **
Photocopies in the Business Library -- Self-serve photocopies on coin-operated machines are 10c each and may be paid for with cash only.
Scanning to USB, email, or Google Docs is available for a small fee at the Main, Engineering, and Business Libraries. See scanning details.