A. Chronology of the Subject: Emphases/Restrictions
- There are no chronological restrictions; although International Documents by nature emphasize current activities, occasionally historical publications are included.
B. Languages of Resources collected: Exclusions/Emphases/Translations
- Emphasis is on comprehensive collection of English-language materials.
- Some materials may appear in languages other than English only: these will be purchased very selectively in French or Spanish, if available.
C. Geography of the Subject: Emphases/Restrictions
- No geographical restrictions, but an organizational one. International Documents collects materials from organizations that are made up of sovereign states. Publications by Inter/Non-governmental Organizations whose members are not states are not collected under this policy.
D. Format of the Resources Collected: Restrictions
- Emphasis is on electronic and print materials, with a preference for electronic formats when archival rights and pricing are favorable. Microforms may be acquired when print is not available, but are not a preferred format. CD-Roms are occasionally purchased for lesser used materials when online access pricing is prohibitive.
E. Date of Publication of Resources Collected: Restrictions
- Mostly current materials are acquired. Out-of-print titles are purchased to fill in runs of serials, monographic sets, and replace lost or stolen materials.