The Careers Collection houses English-language career resources in a variety of formats which circulate for 3 weeks. Since currency is desirable, rarely are materials older than 5 years retained. Emphasis is on fields of interest and study of MSU students as reflected by the curriculum; therefore, selection guidelines may be prioritized as follows:
- Guides to professional occupations for which a bachelor's, master's, or Ph.D. is required.
- Resume writing, interviewing, and other job hunting aids.
- General materials on career exploration and skills identification.
- Guides to free-lance, self-employment, and entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Study guides for various professional licensure exams (e.g. nursing and medical boards, real estate, C.P.A., etc.). Civil service test guides are not collected.
- Materials which support the employment needs and interests of university staff and the community in general (guides to opportunities in technical/skilled trades, clerical, civil service, etc.).