Polling can be used to assess previous knowledge, check for understanding, start a discussion, ask a question where students would be more comfortable responding anonymously (in lieu of raising hands), or for many other tasks. The following three polling tools can all be embedded into a Libguide.
- very easy and fast to create within a Libguide - just a "user input" box type
- Real-time results
- Data remains with box: no way to export out of the guide
Google Form polls:
- Lager variety of question types - mulitple choice, Likert scale, etc.
- Data stored in a Google spreadsheet
- Option to display previous responses by linking out of the form
- Results appear in real time
- Embed into PowerPoint
- Multiple choice or text response
- Students can text or go to website or widget to submit
- Similar features to Poll Everywhere