Nursing Theory Books @ MSU Libraries (Selective List)
Books about Nursing Theory
This section describes how to find books about nursing theory, specific nursing theories, or nursing theorists in the MSU Libraries' Catalog.
- Books can be found by completing a keyword search of the MSU Libraries' Catalog (on the right side of the Health Sciences Digital Library webiste: www.lib.msu.edu/health).
- There's no one correct way to search by Keyword - it's very important to try different words and phrases.
- If you're looking for information about a specific nursing theory, try entering the name of the theory.
- If you're looking for books about a nursing theorist, enter in the person's name. A keyword search using a theorist's name may also retrieve items authored by that theorist.
Keyword Search Examples (Select 'Keyword Classic' or 'Keyword Beta')
- nursing theor* (The * searches for multiple word endings: theory, theories, theorist)
- Neuman systems model
- Orem theory
- King nursing theory
- Callista Roy
Books by Nursing Theorists
This section describes how to find books written by nursing theorists in the MSU Libraries' Catalog.
- Books written by nursing theorists can be found by searching the MSU Libraries' Catalog by author (on the right side of the Health Sciences Digital Library webiste: www.lib.msu.edu/health).
- To find books written by a nursing theorist: enter the theorist's last name into the search box first, followed by the first initial or first name if you know it. Make sure you have the correct spelling.
- Select 'Author' from the dropdown and select search. If given a list of multiple authors, select the correct one.
Author Search Examples (Select 'Author' from dropdown)
- Nightingale, F
- Nightingale, Florence
Electronic Books (E-books)
This section describes how to find nursing theory electronic books (e-books).
- The Nursing E-books Page contains a few nursing theory e-books. They can be found under the 'Theory' section or by clicking here.
- You will also find e-books on nursing theory by searching the MSU Libraries' Catalog.
- Electronic books found in the Catalog will have 'Electronic Resouce' or 'Online' somewhere in the title.
- Here's an example of how an e-book in the Catalog looks. To connect to the e-book, select the 'Connect To Online Resource' or 'Read E-book' link above the blue and green shaded box.
Library Liaison for the College of Nursing
East Lansing, MI 48824