What's in SciFinder?
SciFinder covers all field of chemistry, broadly defined. So, the traditional chemistry disciplines (organic, inorganic, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, etc.) as well as related disciplines in biology, medicine, and engineering (chemical engineering, geochemistry, agricultural chemistry, biomedical and medicinal chemistry, biotechnology, materials science, pharmacology, toxicology, environmental science and hazardous waste management.)
- CAPlus - bibliographic entries from Chemical Abstracts back to 1907. Over 1,500 core chemical journals are included, as well as patents, books, conference procedings, etc. Link out to OLinks to connect to electronic full text or check for print holdings.
- MEDLINE - bibliographic entries in the medical sciences back to 1949
- CAS REGISTRY - Chemicals and biochemical sequences searchable by name, number, formula, or structure, with experimental and predicted property data.
- CHEMLIST - Registry of regulated chemicals.
- CHEMCATS - Chemical supplier catalogs.
- CASREACT - Individually indexed reaction schemes back to 1840.
A table showing the full contents of SciFinder is available on the CAS website.
Quick Access to SciFinder Web Version
Already registered? Click here to access SciFinder on the Web!
If you haven't registered, please see the REGISTRATION and HOW TO LOG IN tab!
Information Retrieval: SciFinder
Information Retrieval: SciFinder E-BOOK!
QR Code for this Guide
Scan this code with your smartphone and download this guide!