Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Hi there! We're currently adding, editing and rearranging content on this page. Please bear with us as we make it nice for you. Feel free to ask questions or make suggestions by email (contact info under profile at right-hand side of this page).
What's in the Digital Scholarship Lab VR Room?
HTC Vive (original consumer edition)
- 1 headset (aka HMD or head-mounted device) in a protective neoprene sleeve, with interchangeable vinyl and foam face padding
- 1 wireless adapter, 1 power bank, installed PC components
- 1 deluxe audio strap
- 2 base stations on tension-mount poles, spaced approximately 17' apart
- 2 controllers in neoprene sleeves
- 2 headsets
- 4 sensors
- 4 touch controllers
Computer, operating system, and misc. components (each system has the same specifications; there is one for each of the three headsets)
- Windows 10 Enterprise Edition
- Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.5GHz
- 64GB RAM
- Nvidia GTX 1080 graphics
- Monitor, keyboard, mouse
- 8 Rechargeable AA batteries and charger
These are the same on each system unless otherwise specified. Available experiences beyond/within these applications may vary.
- Viveport (Vive station only)
- SketchUp (free edition)
- VRSketch (SketchUp plugin)
- Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) Studio