First Baptist Church, Davison, Michigan records
- 1 folder
- This collection consists of a centennial history of the First Baptist Church of Davison, Michigan, consisting of yearly summaries of church activities, including budgetary concerns, the calling of ministers, baptisms, and revival meetings.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/1282
Chain Lake Missionary Baptist Church records
- 1.0 cubic feet
- The Chain Lake Missionary Baptist Church records span the years 1856-1997 and contain meeting minutes, financial reports, parish records, and histories of the parish. The collection contains four bound volumes, with the first constitution of the church located in the front of volume one.
- The Chain Lake Missionary Baptist Church is one of the oldest all-African American Baptist churches in the United States. At first prayer meetings were held in homes in Cass County, Michigan, until an official church was created in 1838. The first church building, a log cabin, was not built until about 1850. The church was incorporated under the direction of Reverend David Lett in January 1848.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/520
First Universalist Church records
- 2.5 cubic feet
- The First Universalist Church of Lansing records consist of accounting ledgers from the church and church school, annual reports, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, histories of the church, parish records, and treasurer's reports. Among the notable items are a photocopy of the 1852 charter and a scrapbook of histories of the church dating back to 1848.
- Conflicting dates place the creation of the First Universalist Church of Lansing between 1848 and 1852. The congregation met in the Michigan Senate Chamber until the first Universalist Church was dedicated on October 14, 1863. In late September 1957, it merged with the East Lansing Unitarian Fellowship to become the Universalist-Unitarian Church of Greater Lansing. The name of the church eventually changed to the Unitarian Universalist Church of Greater Lansing.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/1197
Methodist Episcopal Church records
- 10 volumes
- This collection contains ten small volumes from the Methodist Episcopal Church in Sherman, Michigan. The volumes contain records of Sunday school attendance and lessons, minutes of quarterly conferences, and minutes of the Ladies' Aid Society.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/1511
Mrs. R. W. Warren collection
- 1 folder, 1 volume
- This collection contains meeting minutes from a Baptist Church society of Calhoun and Jackson Counties, Michigan, and the articles of incorporation of the First Baptist Church of Springport, Michigan. Also included are two receipts and a large account book listing the prices of assorted items.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/1473
St. John's Student Parish publication
- UA 28.8
- 1 folder
- This collection contains a 25th anniversary history of St. John's Student Parish at Michigan State University, which originated from St. Thomas Aquinas Parish in 1940. The history touches on religious, social, and political issues in the years 1957-1983, discusses student activities, and lists parish staff members.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/1322
Swartz Creek Community Methodist Church history
- 1 folder
- This collection consists of a centennial history (1956) of the Swartz Creek Community Methodist Church in Swartz Creek, Michigan, prepared by church members Daniel and Marion Miller. Besides a history of the church, it contains a membership list, photographs of the church and church members, and histories of various church committees and organizations.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/950