Charles W. Barr papers
- UA 17.267
- 1.0 cubic feet
- Contains materials relating to the study and teaching of urban planning and landscape architecture including lecture notes and course materials for courses Barr taught at Michigan State University. Also includes papers and speeches that Barr and others presented at conferences as well as bibliographies, state and federal government reports, and materials from professional organizations. There are folders of manuscripts, some including correspondence, about Andrew Jackson Downing, other noted American landscape architects, and the history of the Detroit Zoological Park.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/535
Clare A. Gunn papers
- UA 17.288
- 5.4 cubic feet
- Consists of publications and photographs relating to tourism in Michigan (including the Upper Peninsula). There are also publications, articles, and conference proceedings relating to tourism, landscaping, recreation, national parks, and outdoor recreation. Geographic locations include the U.S. states of Michigan, Texas, Illinois, Oklahoma, Delaware; the Canadian provinces of Newfoundland and Nova Scotia; the Artic; and Venezuela.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/730
John C. Howell papers
Madison Kuhn collection
- UA 17.107
- 13.2 cubic feet, 57 volumes on shelf
- Materials related to Landscape Architecture include
- Landscape Architecture, Department of - Career Pamphlet, undated
- Landscape Gardening examinations, 1892
- S. M. Bartlett and J. C. Holmes Report to the Board about Campus Grounds September 5, 1855
- MAC Grounds Report by O. C. Simonds, 1906
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/152
Harold W. Lautner papers
- UA 17.100
- 2 folders, 1 audio cassette
- Includes an issue of "Landscape Architecture" from January 1954 that contains the article by Lautner, "The Landscape Architect Serving a University Combined Teaching and Creation of Landscape Values." In addition, there is an audiocassette tape recording of Lautner reminiscing about his days as a student at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) and describing the campus during his time as an employee at MSU. There is also one photograph of Lautner.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/282
Clarence L. Munn papers
Chase Newman papers
- UA 17.37
- 0.1 cubic feet, 1 scrapbook and oversized photographs
- Consists of personal papers including correspondence, newspaper articles, papers he authored, manuscripts, notes, drawings and designs in landscape gardening, collected research materials, a scrapbook of events and happenings at the college, and other materials he used to teach courses in mechanical drawing and design. There are also scripts for lectures he gave on WKAR Radio about the architecture of the home. Also include are Ruth Newman photographs which include images that are probably of M.A.C. included a flooded river and bridge, an elk, and children in period dress.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/157
Linda Oliphant Stanford papers
- UA 17.256
- 2.33 cubic feet
- Contains research files and photographs for the book MSU Campus--Buildings, Places, Spaces by Stanford and C. Kurt Dewhurst. Also included are slides that Stanford used for teaching and the book. The slides include images of Michigan State University buildings and grounds as well as maps and a few historical photos.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/634