Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New York Times: A Guide to Versions at the MSU Libraries
Print and microfilm versions.
Print copies are held for two weeks when they are replaced by the microfilm version. A print index is at AI21 .N44 in the Main Library Reference collection.
- Via the Factiva search system (Abstracts 1969-1979; Full text 1980-current)
- Mouse over the "Search" option in the upper left hand corner under "Factiva"
- Then click on "Search Builder"
- In the "Source" option, change "All Publications" to "Remove"
- Click on the right arrow
- Type "New York Times" in the search box
- Choose "The New York Times - All Sources"
- Perform your serarch
- Via the Infotrac search system (New York Times Magazine 1980-
- Via the ProQuest search system (1923-current)
- Click the "Advanced Search" option
- In the drop-down box to the right of the first search box, choose "Publication Title--PUB."
- Click on "Look Up Publications"
- Type "New York Times" in the search box.
- Choose "New York Times (1923-Current) and click on "Add to Search"
- Use the other search boxes for your search terms.