Formerly called F1000 Workspace, SciWheel is available through the Faculty Opinions database and allows you to manage citations, save and annotate PDFs, share references, and insert citations into your research. It consists of a web-based application, a browser extension to collect and annotate citations, a lightweight desktop app for importing PDFs, and plugin's for Google Docs and Microsoft Word
Signing up for SciWheel
2. Click on the SciWheel box on top of the home page
3. Sign up with your @msu.edu email
4. When you are logged in go to my account > edit profile and make sure that the Institution is listed as Michigan State University
1. You are being asked for an EZproxy URL to access full text or when signing up
The MSU Libraries EZproxy URL for SciWheel is: http://ezproxy.msu.edu/login?url=$@
2. You receive a message that your premium access has expired and you need to go to an on-campus computer to re-authenticate
Access your Workspace via http://ezproxy.msu.edu/login?url=https://facultyopinions.com/prime/home this should reset your roaming access.
If this does not work contact SciWheel tech support using the chat widget in Workspace and request a roaming access reset.
3. You want to download citations from Web of Science
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance