Sciwheel is available through the MSU Libraries and allows you to manage citations, save and annotate PDFs, share references, and insert citations into your research. It consists of a web-based application, a browser extension to collect and annotate citations, and plugin's for Google Docs and Microsoft Word
Signing up for Sciwheel
1. go to http://ezproxy.msu.edu/login?url=https://sciwheel.com/
2. Click on the Sign Up box on top of the home page
3. Sign up with your @msu.edu email
4. When you are logged in go to my account > edit profile and make sure that the Institution is listed as Michigan State University and in "Subscription" it should state you are using a Sciwheel institutional subscription.
1. You are being asked for an EZproxy URL to access full text or when signing up
The MSU Libraries EZproxy URL for SciWheel is: http://ezproxy.msu.edu/login?url=$@
2. You receive a message that your premium access has expired and you need to go to an on-campus computer to re-authenticate
Access your Workspace via http://ezproxy.msu.edu/login?url=https://sciwheel.com/ this should reset your roaming access.
If this does not work contact Sciwheel tech support using the chat widget in dashboard and request a roaming access reset.
3. You want to download and import citations from Web of Science
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance