Walter Adams Papers (UA 2.1.13)
Associated Students of Michigan State University Records (UA 12.1.1)
Associate Provost Records (UA 3.4)
Paul D. Bagwell Papers (UA 1.1.6)
John F. Brower Papers (UA 10.3.174)
- 1.4 cubic feet
- The John F. Brower papers consist of materials from his time as a student at Michigan State University including notes, class exercises, exams, textbooks, and experiments. Also included are materials from his military science classes as well as his military service.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/507
Leon Linton Budd Papers (UA 10.3.124)
- 1 scrapbook
- Leon Linton Budd, of Laingsburg, Michigan, was a Mechanical Engineering student at Michigan Agricultural College from 1911 to 1914. He earned the rank of sergeant in Company D in the military science program. He documents his life as a student at M.A.C.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/1478
Kenyon L. Butterfield Papers (UA 2.1.10)
Committee on the Future of the University Records (UA 188.8.131.52)
- 1 folder (Box 457, folder 23)
- Records of the Committee on the Future of the University include minutes, subcommittee reports, final report (1969), and various documents used by the committee in their investigation of university organization and administration at MSU, including information about compulsory R.O.T.C.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/1971
George A. Culp Papers (UA 10.3.159)
- 0.4 cubic feet (Boxes 1864H-1865H)
- The collection contains two scrapbooks George Culp made during his college years. They contain an R.O.T.C. certificate, and photographs of the band practicing, group shots, photos of West Point, his R.O.T.C. unit and shots of field training. Most of the photographs are unidentified. Photocopies may be provided to researchers due to the fragile condition of the scrapbook.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/444
Theodore Foster Papers (UA 10.3.228)
John A. Hannah Papers (UA 2.1.12)
- 0.5 cubic feet (Box 46, Folders 1–14, Box 55, Folder 41, Box 62, folders 59–64, Box 67, folder 25, Box 70, folders 87–89, Box 96, folders 16, 37, 64, 92, Box 97 folders 23, 64, Box 749, folder 7)
- The papers of John A. Hannah, MSU president from 1941 to 1969, include general R.O.T.C. files, commissioning, quotas, and convocations, as well as a 1968 R.O.T.C. incident.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/15
John Adams Henry Papers (UA 10.3.61)
Henson Family Papers (UA 10.3.449)
- 0.25 cubic feet (box 3)
- These papers contain the diaries of Fred T. Henson from 1907 to 1944, and 1946 to 1969. Henson was a farmer in Richland Township, Kalamazoo County, Michigan. The diary entries cover his service days in World War I, including a stay in East Lansing, Michigan where he was a member of the Michigan Agricultural College Training Detachment.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/1075
John C. Howell Papers (UA 17.7)
- 1 folder (Box 1006, folder 34)
- Howell’s collection includes information about R.O.T.C. from 1970.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/1959
Frank Stewart Kedzie Papers (UA 2.1.8)
- 3.9 cubic feet
- Includes subject files for M.A.C. Alumni - War Rosters, Report on Alumni and Undergraduates in Federal Military Service 1913-1920, List of M.A.C. Alumni and Students Called to the Service, Service Records of M.A.C. Students Killed in World War I, Form for M.A.C. War Records 1919.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/33
Harry H. Kimber Papers (UA 17.27)
Madison Kuhn Collection (UA 17.107)
- 0.5 cubic feet (Box 2417, Box 2754, folder 10)
- Madison Kuhn’s collection contains R.O.T.C. related research notes for his book, Michigan State: the First Hundred Years (1955), photographs of R.O.T.C. coronation ball couples (1946), glass slides, and R.O.T.C. films from the 1940s.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/152
Media Communications Records (UA 8.1.1)
MSU Centennial Celebration Records (UA 13.3.1)
Clarence L. Munn Papers (UA 17.75)
William P. Peters Papers (UA 10.3.105)
- 1 folder
- The William Peters papers consist of a nine-page paper entitled "Opening Closed Doors," which describes Michigan State University from about 1926 to 1928, when Peters was a student. The paper discusses classes (physical education, English, and animal husbandry), and Reserve Officer Training Corps.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/366
Office of the Provost, General Academic Administration Records (UA 3.6)
- 8 folders (Box 1287, folders 6–8, Box 1299, folder 27, Box 1303, folders 46, Box 1304, folders 1–3)
- This collection includes files on the R.O.T.C. at Michigan State and Dr. Walter Hollis’ visit to campus to speak at the Army R.O.T.C. banquet in 1984.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/348
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Records (UA 3)
Public Relations Records (UA 8.1)
John B. Ranger Papers (UA 10.3.21)
- Scrapbook 47
- While a student at Michigan Agricultural College from 1917 to 1921, Ranger was a member of the Officer’s Club, Scabbard and Blade (a military science honorary), and a Lieutenant Colonel in the R.O.T.C.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/1025
Howard C. Rather Papers (UA 17.442)
- 0.33 cubic feet
- The Howard C. Rather Papers consists of Rather's correspondence and diaries documenting his experiences as an Army officer during World War I. Covering the time period of January 1918 to May 1919, the collection includes descriptions of the people Rather dealt with every day, and the conditions he lived in, both in America and in France. His letters home describe his training at Camp Custer (Michigan), Camp Jackson (South Carolina), Camp Merritt (New Jersey), and Saumur Artillery School in France. The daily routine and activities around him are duly described. He spent the last six months of the war seeing combat duty as part of a field artillery unit in France.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/1184
Dorsey Read Rodney Papers (UA 17.138)
- 0.1 cubic feet
- This collection contains one published copy of the “Reminiscences of Colonel Dorsey Read Rodney.” Originally written in 1955 Rodney recounts his life up until that point, including his time at West Point, his military appointments, and his tenure at Michigan State as the head of the Military Science Program. His insights into the changes in the military and the country in general are noted as well as the general sentiments toward these changes.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/753
Robert S. Shaw Papers (UA 2.1.11)
State News Records (UA 12.7.2)
Don Stevens Papers (UA 1.1.2)
- Box 6, folders 82-84
- Don Stevens was a member of the Board of Trustees, Michigan State’s governing body, from 1958 to 1978. His collection includes information about R.O.T.C. and correspondence from 1959 to 1960, and a Report on the Special Committee on R.O.T.C. from 1969.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/72
Division of University Services Records (UA 22.2)
Vice President for Student Affairs. Student Protest Files (UA 7.0)
Vice President for University Relations Records (UA 8)
- 2 folders (Box 378, folder 65, Box 402, folder 14)
- In James Denison’s papers (series 2) there are R.O.T.C. Convocation materials, which include an early history of military science at Michigan State. Additionally, there are statements, news clippings, and other materials relating to strikes, protests, and demonstrations in 1970.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/274
University-Wide Task Force on Lesbian and Gay Issues Records (UA 3.22.1)
- 3 cubic feet
- The records of the University-Wide Task Force on Lesbian and Gay Issues include documents about recommendations to the University including those to the Military Education Advisory Committee about R.O.T.C. issues.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/855
Irwin B. Winsor Collection (UA 10.3.147)
Lamar M. Wood Papers (UA 10.3.162)
Jon L. Young Papers (UA 10.3.116)