Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Nursing Theory Titles At MSU Libraries
This is a very selective list of nursing theory titles available via the MSU Libraries. You can search the catalog for many more titles and resources.
Books about Nursing Theory
This section describes how to find books about nursing theory, specific nursing theories, or nursing theorists in the MSU Libraries' Catalog.
MSU Libraries Catalog - Keyword Search
- Books can be found by completing a keyword search of the MSU Libraries' Catalog (on the right side of the Health Sciences Digital Library webiste: www.lib.msu.edu/health).
- There's no one correct way to search by Keyword - it's very important to try different words and phrases.
- If you're looking for information about a specific nursing theory, try entering the name of the theory.
- If you're looking for books about a nursing theorist, enter in the person's name. A keyword search using a theorist's name may also retrieve items authored by that theorist.
Keyword Search Examples (Select 'Keyword Classic' or 'Keyword Beta')
- nursing theor* (The * searches for multiple word endings: theory, theories, theorist)
- Neuman systems model
- Orem theory
- King nursing theory
- Callista Roy
Books by Nursing Theorists
This section describes how to find books written by nursing theorists in the MSU Libraries' Catalog.
MSU Libraries Catalog - Author Search
- Books written by nursing theorists can be found by searching the MSU Libraries' Catalog by author (on the right side of the Health Sciences Digital Library webiste: www.lib.msu.edu/health).
- To find books written by a nursing theorist: enter the theorist's last name into the search box first, followed by the first initial or first name if you know it. Make sure you have the correct spelling.
- Select 'Author' from the dropdown and select search. If given a list of multiple authors, select the correct one.
Author Search Examples (Select 'Author' from dropdown)
- Nightingale, F
- Nightingale, Florence
Finding Theory eBooks
This section describes how to find nursing theory electronic books (e-books).
Nursing E-book Page
- The Nursing E-books Page contains a few nursing theory e-books. They can be found under the 'Theory' section or by clicking here.
MSU Libraries Catalog
- You will also find e-books on nursing theory by searching the MSU Libraries' Catalog.
- Electronic books found in the Catalog will have 'Electronic Resouce' or 'Online' somewhere in the title.
- Here's an example of how an e-book in the Catalog looks. To connect to the e-book, select the 'Connect To Online Resource' or 'Read E-book' link above the blue and green shaded box.