Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Papers?
ReadCube Papers is a competitor with reference managers Endnote, Zotero, Mendeley, and RefWorks and has features of all of those for managing a library of citations, pdfs, searching for and sharing scholarly articles, and adding citations to manuscripts. This is an upgrade of Papers3.
Important points about Papers:
- MSU does not have an institutional subscription to ReadCube Papers.
- A license for Papers for individuals/labs/departments can be purchased and downloaded from the web site or Papers for iOS can be purchased from iTunes.
- For help, contact the Papers help center . They also have videos in a training center.
- Papers works easily to download PDFs and articles from free web sites like PubMed and Google Scholar.
- You may find that you can only access databases like Web of Science or Scopus through Papers when you are on the MSU campus and using MSU campus IP ranges.
- If you want to be able to download full text from MSU Library subscriptions, use this proxy set up in your account :
Papers and Web of Science
Access has been enabled for MSU's Web of Science subscription to work with Papers.
(Note: A glitch caused problems with Web of Science access through Papers2, but Papers 2.5.5 update for Mac restored the functionality.)
Documentation for how to use and access this service is available at: http://wokinfo.com//media/pdf/wsdownload/
User Name: wsl
Papers and Scopus
Access has been enabled for MSU's Scopus subscription to work with Papers.
You may or may not need MSU Scopus Account ID for your Settings, depending on which version of Papers you are using. Newer versions do not require it.
MSU Scopus Account ID: 51676