Skip to main content
Mapping coordinate data from CSV files
- Click the Add Delimited Text Layer button
- Browse to your tabular file and add it
- Make sure:
- CSV is the file format
- Point Coordinates are selected
- Your X field = Longitude and Y Field = Latitude
- Click OK
- Select your Coordinate Reference System (most commonly NAD83 or WGS84)
- To save as a new layer, right-click the table you added in the layer menu and select Save As...
- Click Browse to save the new shapefile to your chosen folder and be sure 'Project CRS' is selected. Click OK
- You have now visualized your data for further investigation!