To generate a citation in ASABE and importing it into EndNote or EndNote Web, follow these instructions.
To generate a citation that can be exported to a citation format, you must first run a search, and results can only be downloaded one at a time.
- Run the search on keywords, the author's name, or a word in the title so you can easily locate it in the search results.
- At the bottom of your result record is a link "(Export to Endnotes)"; click it.
- Save the citation to your computer or flashdrive. Note that ASABE saves the file as a RIS file.
- Open EndNote and go to Import References.
- File - browse and select the ASABE RIS file that was saved.
- Filter - select REFMAN (RIS) [this filter wil include the abstract in EndNote whereas ProCite RIS will not]
- To - select either the group or Unfiled where you want it located.
- Click the Import button.
- Your citation will then appear in the group you've selected or as Unfiled.