If addition to the databases listed here, there are a number of additional databases available in Medicine and Engineering.
Note: You cannot use the catalog to find individual articles within a journal. For this you must search in the journal itself or use an article database.
To find the full text of articles:
Google Scholar can be set up so that it recognizes you as an MSU user and will give you access to full-text articles where possible.
1) Go to Google Scholar; login to your account if you have one.
2) Access settings by expanding the menu at the top left of the page, then clicking on the gear icon.
3) Select Library Links from the menu on the left.
4) Search for Michigan State University. From the results list put a check in the box by Michigan State University - MSU Access. Click Save.
5) When you do a search on Google Scholar a MSU Access link will appear to the right of the articles that the full text is available for. Clicking this link will take you to a page where you can download the PDF. You may be prompted to log in with your Net ID and password.
Be aware that a MSU Access link will not appear for all articles that the full text is available for. You may need to locate them by searching for the journal in the A-Z Electronic Journal List.
Google Scholar can be a useful tool but it is important to know some of the main differences between it and databases when searching the literature. Some key differences are: what is included in each and how content is selected, how data is entered, and what is search.