American Red Cross Publications, 1918. (c.00048)
Berrien County World War I Collection (c.00211)
Berrien County Draft Board Records, 1917-1918. (c.00233)
John Rummel & Company Records (00093)
- 2.33 cubic feet, 68 volumes on shelf
- John Rummel and Company, Inc. was a general store in Sebewaing, Michigan. These records, which are mainly financial, give a fairly good insight into the operations of a small-town general store, which operated mainly on credit in times of prosperity and depression. The volumes include Cash Books (1912-1938): Journals (1905-1937); Ledgers (1909-1938); Order Books (1912-1918); Purchase Journals (1912-1938); and Work Sheets (1919-1933). The folders contain advertising copy (1916-1937), correspondence regarding rationing rules in World War I; and correspondence, inventory, affidavits and market information concerning the processing and floor tax which was imposed and later declared unconstitutional during the 1930s.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/1064
REO Motor Car Company Records (00036)
- 2 folders
- Included in this collection is correspondence between the REO Motor Car Company and the local draft boards, United States Department of Justice, the U.S. Commissioner of Naturalization written on behalf of their employees. Some of the letters are in support of employees who were deemed “enemy aliens” by the U.S. government. There are also issues of the “REO Spirit” publication, which feature letters from soldiers to family members and articles about citizenship classes and patriotism.
- Finding aid to the collection: https://findingaids.lib.msu.edu/repositories/2/resources/879