Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Health Sciences Librarian
Other Useful MSU Library Guides
Accessing MSU Library Resources
Start your research by going to the MSU Health Sciences Digital Library homepage. This is different from the Main Library homepage, and it will give you easier access to resources specifically for public health and other health sciences.
Accessing electronic resources
- Full access to MSU Libraries electronic resources is available with your MSU netid and password.
- If you encounter any technical problems when accessing MSU Libraries electronic resources, call Discovery Services at (517)353-8700, or email email@example.com.
- If you encounter any technical problems with D2L, contact MSU IT: (517)432-6200.
Searching on the Library Homepage
To search for books or journals from the Health Sciences Digital Library homepage, enter a title into the OneSearch box (outlined in red below) and click "Search."
You will be taken to a results screen, where you'll see a number of different boxes. The Books & Media box, which is the center one on the top row, will take a little bit longer to load than the others, so just be patient!
If you have the title of an article rather than the title of a journal, you have two searching options.
- You can enter the article title into the search box in PubMed. If it's a health sciences article, you'll almost always find it there.
- You can enter the article title into the OneSearch box on the main MSU Libraries homepage. Unlike the Health Sciences Digital Library, the search engine on the main homepage searches for articles by title.