Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
More Free Screencasting Tools
This comparison chart of 12 Free Screencasting Tools from the EmergingEdTech blog as well as this list from Mashable.com list additional free tools.
- Free, open source, streaming video software.
- Windows platform only.
- Download required.
- Record all screen activity along with voice narration.
- Completed files are in AVI format but can then be converted to streaming Flash videos using the accompanying SWF producer.
- No built-in video editing capabilities.
- Good for short and simple recordings that do not require editing.
Tutorial available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kiug3H3c4gk.
- Freeware program for capturing a sequence of screenshots and adding voice narration.
- Windows and Linux platforms only.
- Editing options are rudimentary but include ability to create basic text boxes, callouts, shapes, and navigational buttons.
- Completed files can be exported to PDF, HTML, SWF (Flash), and EXE formats.
Tutorial and instructions at http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/wink.html . More tutorials available on YouTube.
- Free, but must be downloaded.
- Mac platform only.
- Screen recording without audio only.