Skip to Main Content
- Free, online, one-click recording.
- No download required.
- Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Web cam recording.
- Video length: Up to 15 minutes (Free version); 1 hour (Pro version).
- Free video hosting.
- Publish to YouTube HD, MP4, AVI, and FLV.
- Can be shared via URL or embed code.
- No built-in video editing options (in Free version).
- Pro version can be purchased for more options.
How to Use Screencast-O-Matic
- Open website or software program that you wish to record on desktop.
- Go to screencast-o-matic.com.
- Click on the blue "Start Recording" button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Allow Java Applet to run.
- Drag and resize frame to surround recording area.
- Click on the red circle in the recording toolbar to start recording.
- Click on DONE when finished recording.
- Publish on Screencast-o-matic (account recquired), on YouTube, or video file (.mov).
- Click on Share Link to share URL; Or highlight embed code to copy and paste into LibGuide or web page.
Example of Screencast-O-Matic Screencast