Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Free, online, one-click recording.
- No download required.
- Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Web cam recording.
- Video length: Up to 15 minutes (Free version); 1 hour (Pro version).
- Free video hosting.
- Publish to YouTube HD, MP4, AVI, and FLV.
- Can be shared via URL or embed code.
- No built-in video editing options (in Free version).
- Pro version can be purchased for more options.
How to Use Screencast-O-Matic
- Open website or software program that you wish to record on desktop.
- Go to screencast-o-matic.com.
- Click on the blue "Start Recording" button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Allow Java Applet to run.
- Drag and resize frame to surround recording area.
- Click on the red circle in the recording toolbar to start recording.
- Click on DONE when finished recording.
- Publish on Screencast-o-matic (account recquired), on YouTube, or video file (.mov).
- Click on Share Link to share URL; Or highlight embed code to copy and paste into LibGuide or web page.
Example of Screencast-O-Matic Screencast