Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- SearchPlus is a new method to search across books, chapters, ebooks, and articles in a single search. It allows users to search most of the library's online databases and the library catalog at the same time, for a multidisciplinary set of results which can then be filtered by date, language, subject, and content type -- such as books, articles in scholarly journals, newspaper articles, dissertations, and more. SearchPlus Advanced can help limit results from the onset.
- The Library catalog is the primary way to find materials within the library. The online catalog lists all of the materials owned and cataloged by the MSU Libraries, both print and electronic journal titles, books, music CDs, government documents, videos & DVDs, and dissertations.
- The Advanced Search of the catalog allows you to search using multiple keywords, subjects, and combine fields like author and title. You can also set limits, including by collection (i.e. the format - periodicals, electronic resources, or any of the special or branch library collections), material type (i.e. maps, dissertations, etc.), location, language, and by a date or range of dates. Results can be sorted by date (most recent first), alphabetically by title, and by relevance.
The green tabs at the top of this page will also take you to specifically a Title, Author, Subject, or Basic Keyword search options.
The Library catalog contains MSU theses and dissertations as well as some select theses and dissertations from other institutions. Formats include print, microform and links to electronic full text (1997-). Please note that there may be a slight processing delay for current items.
- MSU Libraries Catalog
Change the 'Any Field' drop-down box to author, title, or subject . You can also search by specific department or college; i.e., chemical engineering or education.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT) database is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1861 to the present day and offering full text for most of the dissertations added since 1997.
- Dissertations & Theses @ CIC Institutions - This ProQuest site provides access to dissertations and theses from MSU and other CIC institutions. Full text is available from 1997 onward; citations and abstracts are available for earlier documents.
- For more assistance locating Theses & Dissertations, see the Library Research Guide Finding Dissertations and Theses