Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search the Library Catalog
Physics and Astronomy eBook Collections
ScienceDirect (from Elsevier) provides access to the full text of over 2,000 journals, from 1995 to present (with extended coverage for some titles). It also contains electronic books. Coverage includes strong content in the physical sciences. Personalization options for table of contents alerts, saving searches, etc., are available.
Wiley Online Library
Wiley InterScience is the platform for over 450 online journals in a variety of subjects in the scientific, technical, medical, and social sciences. Coverage back to 1997 is provided (with extended coverage for some titles). It also includes electronic books. A search engine is provided, as well as the ability to set up table of contents alerts, save searches, etc.
SpringerLink is the platform for European based publisher Springer. It provides online access to reference works and other e-books, in addition to their journals in the scientific, technical, and medical fields.
Interlibrary Loan Book Request
1. Check the MSU's Library Catalog to see if MSU owns the item you are looking for.
NOTE: Interlibrary Loan Service will not process requests for items held on course reserve or in the Murray and Hong Special Collections.
2. If the MSU copy has been checked out, or if MSU does not own the item, your next step is to search Uborrow to see if there are any holdings in the CIC (Big Ten) libraries. Items obtained through Uborrow are loaned for a period of 12 weeks with a 4 week renewal.
3. If neither MSU nor Uborrow can supply your item, you can try MeLCat. Items borrowed through MeLCat are loaned for a period of 3 weeks with a 3 week renewal.
4. If you are unable to find a copy through all of these options, then you can submit a request through your ILLiad account.
- Log in to ILLiad and choose the "Book" option from the menu on the left.
- Provide as complete a citation as possible. Although only title, author, and "not wanted by" date are required, providing a publisher date/location are often very helpful to ILL staff, especially if you are looking to obtain a certain volume or year of an item. Generally speaking, the more complete the citation, the better.